Tournament Rules 2019
Steel City Outdoors Third Annual Fishing Tournament
benefiting the Hope for Heroes Foundation
presented by S City Outdoors
- RULES: The following rules for this tournament will be used. These rules will be interpreted by the Tournament Officials and all decisions are final. Any violation of these rules, or any Fish and Boat Commission regulations shall be reason for disqualification and possibly from all future events. Failure to read these rules is no excuse. Knowledge of all S City Outdoors Fishing Tournament rules is your responsibility, and by acknowledging you have read the rules on your application.
- ELIGIBILITY: All individuals 18 years of age or older, individuals age 12-17 with parental consent, individuals under the age of 12 with parental consent and participating partner over the age of 18. All participants must pay the proper entry fees. Entry form and waiver (Click Here) must be completely filled out and signed by both contestants. We reserve the right not to accept any entries, we feel that are not in the best interest of S City Outdoors. ALL ANGLERS AGE 16 AND OLDER MUST POSSES A PENNSYLVANIA FISHING LICENSE and be able to present it at the time of the tournament.
- ENTRY FEE: $80.00 per team, 2 contestants per team. Entries will be accepted up to morning of tournament..
- TOURNAMENT HOURS: Check in at 6:15 a.m. for tournament, hours will be 7:00 am to 12:00 pm. We reserve the right to change hours and tournament dates if necessary.
- SAFETY & SPORTSMANSHIP: Safe fishing practices must be observed at all times. Each contestant is expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. No alcoholic beverages, stimulants or depressants may be consumed during registration times and tournament times. No hole sitting or holding a fishing spot for another fishermen or contestants.
- PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Chartiers Creek and Canonsburg Lake (handicap accessible) will be the primary fishing waters, permitted locations specifics will be given at the tournament, any rule changes at tournament site will override any written rule.
- WEIGH IN AND TIES: Ties, will be broken by earliest entry received.
- TOURNAMENT MEETING: 15 minutes before take-off. We will go over the basic rules and tournament hours before take-off.
- TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION: If canceled due to reasons of safety, high water, etc., entry fees will be transferred. NO REFUNDS.
NO WEIGH IN! LENGTH will decide winners!
Catch, photo, release!
1. Each photo must contain the following:
2. Participants may only use digital cameras or phones for recording scoring of fish.
3. Fish of similar lengths must be distinguishable between one another, Disqualification of one of the fish will be up to tournament director or predetermined event judge if fish are indistinguishable
4. Photos that do not meet the requirements listed will not count.
1. We have decided to use the PA Fish and Boat method of measurement.
2. Rounding of fish length will be down to the nearest ¼”
3. A mangled or 'irregular' tail will be scored from the longest of the two tail points
4. Nothing is allowed to be in the fish’s mouth while being photographed. A deduction of a 1” for fish photographed while "lip gripped" with Boca/Lucid/fish grips. Please be sure to take the lure/hook out of the fish’s mouth before taking the photo. This is a danger to you and the fish so please keep them out of their mouth. No stringers are to be used to keep the fish on the board. If the stringer is used, the fish will be disqualified.
5. (3) Longest verified lengths will be totaled for your score FOR BASS. (1) Longest verified length will be totaled for your score FOR CARP.
6. The participant with the highest total score is the winner, next highest is second, etc
1. The preferred method of submitting entries will be by emailing your team name, team participants, and photo of entry to email@example.com - we will do our best to respond within 15-30 minutes with your official score is based on the photo submitted. Email entries can be submitted at any time up to 12:00 pm, entry times will be used to determine tie breakers.
2. If not submitting remotely, entrants must bring the memory card from their camera to check-in. The tournament scorekeeper will download memory cards onto the official computer. The tournament scorekeeper will be able to read most standard memory cards, however anglers should bring a USB cable for their camera to ensure that their photos may be downloaded. It is not the scorekeepers responsibility to ensure the photo can be seen, only photos submitted by email are guaranteed to be scored.
At any time, for any reason, any entry, entries, or participants can be banned, disallowed, or disqualified at the sole discretion of the tournament directors if deemed appropriate or necessary.